Thursday, April 17, 2014

Neck pain- flawed design? abuse?

This morning I woke up with the most excruciating pain in my neck; radiating to my face back to my neck and through my finger tips. Reasons better not explored.My very qualified friends with their eyeballs glued to computers know what I am talking about. My mum gave me certain tips to deal with it and my dad gave me sympathy. My friend gave me acupressure. Everything worked its own way and the pain got me thinking. With regards to my knowledge of the human anatomy, I find absolutely NO flaw in the human body design or structure EXCEPT the cervical vertebrae. I cannot understand why nature couldn't evolve this part of our skeleton. The design is flawed in terms of spatial positioning of the head (the jaw is too jutted), design (flimsy),  structure (i need stilts to prop up my head), I can go on and on. My point is how did THIS not evolve to support what seemingly is running the entire world aka BRAIN. Is the evolution happening for a better design in the generations to come....or should Homo Sapiens be just grateful to Nature that we are step up from the Neanderthal version. The most recent ancestor to us was from roughly 1,50,000 years ago. So are you telling me that our weird wobbly fragile necks aren't or haven't been on nature's list since then?  My observation is that our tendency to hurt (pull/sprain) our necks as compared to other body parts is a 10:1 (ok, 5:1 the pain made me bitter) and the pain JUST WON'T GO AWAY ! Do we really abuse our neck bones and muscles so much OR is the whole manufacturing and/or design severely flawed ? Or both??

No comments: